Work with Kat to promote and edit the zine, CRUSH.
We’re looking for help with the following: Idea generation for 2020’s theme – Feedback on design and printed zine – Promotion and social media – Review & Selection of submissions – Emailing and communication with artists/writers – Editing / Copy-editing – Fundraising – Promotion, distribution and sales of zine – Maintenance and updating of website – Typesetting/Layout
The type of involvement and time commitment is entirely up to you. However, we are looking for a core few who are willing to meet about once a month [in person and/or online] until September’s launch to help organize and give shape to this year’s publication.
If you’re interested, or have a question, send an email to Kat (Editor/Designer of CRUSH) at email@example.com
We are looking for a small but enthusiastic team of volunteer photographers to capture the Festival from a variety of perspectives – stage, readings, backstage, audience, sponsors, overall vibe, parties, volunteers, etc. Images will be used for marketing, grant applications, the website, and advertising. Requirements: Your own camera and some familiarity with event photography. Please submit a sample of your work by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for volunteers to help promote the Festival at events like Pride, the Church/Wellesley MEET YOUR NEIGHBOURS! event in September etc. Requirements: Must be outgoing and friendly, feel comfortable and enthusiastic about talking to folks about the Festival.
Publicity & Marketing
We are looking for energetic and outgoing volunteers to spread the word about the Festival, far and wide! Specific tasks might include:
- Distributing “Save the Date” postcards/flyers in various neighbourhoods.
- Entering event listings online – for Torontoist, BlogTO, She Does the City, YoHomo, Xtra, NOW, the Star
- Designing and xeroxing posters for various events – 8.5 x 11 inches, black and white
- Putting posters up in various neighborhoods, and sharing same through email lists
- Exploring media partnerships, for instance a ticket giveaway with NOW magazine, with YoHomo, with She Does the City
We are looking for web and tech-savvy volunteers to promote Festival events, share info about our performers, vendors and sponsors on our social media platforms. You will promote events on Twitter, IG, FB, as well as promo specific artists and vendors, and create images for various online formats (ie square for IG).
Merchandise & Sales
Requirements: Volunteers should be cheerful, efficient and calm. Do you enjoy creating displays? Can you handle a crowd? Staff the Festival merch table at various events.
Ticket Takers / Greeters
Must be comfortable with taking tickets, answering questions, and problem solving. You should be outgoing and friendly and have experience dealing with the public, and be basically somewhat unflappable!
Art & Craft Fair
The Art & Craft Fair includes artists and artisans who make handcrafted items, zines, and art. Must be comfortable lifting and carrying. Volunteers are needed to help:
- Setup tables and chairs x 4 volunteers
- Help vendors carry in items from cars / taxis
- Check-in with vendors on a regular basis/answer questions, get help if requested
- Outside signage
- See above for merch opportunities.
- Assist Dorianne, the Showcase curator, with greeting/helping as authors arrive, setting up the room, etc.
- Promote event on social media
- Tweet and IG the event, as it happens, including photography
Send an email to Christine at email@example.com for an application form.