Apply Now – Quick Link
Bi+ Arts Showcase (9/24/22)
- Help curate the stage, alongside other committee members
- Assist on the day with greeting/helping out as performers / artists arrive and helping our artists feel welcome and cared for
- Promote the event on social media, and with flyers/posters
- Live tweet and IG the event, as it happens (can include video/photography)
Passing Bi+ – August/September 2022
- Help promote the event (an outdoor exhibit of poetry and art) to local businesses and neighbours in the Church-Wellesley corridor.
- Liase with the BIA, CW Neighbourhood Association, the 519 and Progress Place
- Recruit bi+ artists/poets to participate / review submissions to our Open Call
- Prepare marketing/promotional materials
We are looking for a small but enthusiastic team of volunteer photographers to capture the Festival from a variety of perspectives – stage, readings, backstage, audience, sponsors, overall vibe, parties, volunteers, etc. Images will be used for marketing, grant applications, the website, and advertising. Requirements: Your own camera and some familiarity with event photography. Please submit a sample of your work by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for volunteers to help promote the Festival at events like Pride, the Church/Wellesley MEET YOUR NEIGHBOURS! event in September etc. Requirements: Must be outgoing and friendly, feel comfortable and enthusiastic about talking to folks about the Festival.
Publicity & Marketing
We are looking for energetic and outgoing volunteers to spread the word about the Festival, far and wide! Specific tasks might include:
- Distributing “Save the Date” postcards/flyers in various neighbourhoods.
- Entering event listings online – for Torontoist, BlogTO, She Does the City, YoHomo, Xtra, NOW, the Star
- Designing and xeroxing posters for various events – 8.5 x 11 inches, black and white
- Putting posters up in various neighborhoods, and sharing same through email lists
- Exploring media partnerships, for instance a ticket giveaway with NOW magazine, with YoHomo, with She Does the City
We are looking for web and tech-savvy volunteers to promote Festival events, share info about our performers, vendors and sponsors on our social media platforms. You will promote events on Twitter, IG, FB, as well as promo specific artists and vendors, and create images for various online formats (ie square for IG).
Merchandise & Sales
Requirements: Volunteers should be cheerful, efficient and calm. Do you enjoy creating displays? Can you handle a crowd? Staff the Festival merch table at various events.
Ticket Takers / Greeters
Must be comfortable with taking tickets, answering questions, and problem solving. You should be outgoing and friendly and have experience dealing with the public, and be basically somewhat unflappable!